Cilantro Pesto Recipe

Right now, I have plenty of cilantro.  It grows like weeds in my garden.  I love cilantro.  In honor of this  prolific herb,  I created a fresh pesto recipe.  This recipe is dairy-free, and the lime juice keeps it fresh long after other pesto sauces would expire.  See some recommendations for gluten-free pasta here



Cilantro Pesto

2 C fresh cilantro leaves from your garden
1/3 C Brazil nuts or walnuts

1 clove garlic

1/3 C extra-virgin olive oil
1 squirt lime juice
1/4-1/2 tsp salt

ground white pepper to taste



Blend all ingredients in a food processor until evenly minced, scraping down the sides as you go.  Taste for balance of flavors and adjust.  Serve tossed with hot pasta.  It's that easy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is really close to a pesto recipe we just discovered which uses cilantro, like yours, but instead of the nuts you used, has pistachios. It's awesome!!!
Gina said…
Gluten-free Portland: You could use whatever kind of nuts you prefer in this recipe - just substitute out the brazil nuts for the same amount of line nuts or walnuts. I haven't tried pistachios, but I bet that tastes amazing! Plus it would add even more color. I'm sure I could spend hours experimenting to find out which nut is the absolute best. Thanks for the comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread